Customers often ask questions like: “Does Costco accept Visa gift cards?” and it is not out of place to ask.
Most people are interested in knowing if Costco accepts Visa gift cards. It is true that Costco accepts a wide range of payment options but does it accept Visa gift cards?
I once had the same question, given that Costco is one of the many go-to shopping stores, especially in the US.
Let’s find out, shall we?
Table of Contents
Does Costco Accept Visa Gift Cards
Yes, Costco accepts Visa gift cards. Visa cards are generally taken at Costco including their gift cards. The partnership between Costco and Visa also covers Visa gift cards.
Like other Visa cards, Visa gift cards offer Costco and its customers’ many benefits and opportunities. However, terms and conditions also apply.
Therefore, shoppers must be aware of the pros and cons of using Visa gift cards at Costco before deciding to use Visa gift cards.
Interestingly as a shopper, you can redeem your Visa gift card anywhere as well as use it to shop anywhere.
Does Costco Accept Gift Cards
Yes, Costco accepts gift cards; so, I found out! Although there are many gift cards out there and Costco does not accept all especially the ones from Visa, Mastercard, and its warehouse (that is, Costco gift cards).
However, it should be noted that the fact that Costco accepts gift cards does not mean gift cards can be used to buy everything at Costco.
For example, gift cards are not accepted for membership fees nor are they accepted for cash. Notwithstanding, the fact remains that Costco accepts gift cards.
Does Costco Accept American Express Gift Cards
No, Costco does not accept American Express Gift cards. American Express is generally not accepted at Costco so, its gift cards are not also accepted at the store.
This is due to the bridge in the contract between Costco and American Express. Costco ceased to accept anything American Express since the enactment of its deal with Visa.
Hence, Costco does not accept American Express gift cards. Nonetheless, other gift cards especially Visa can be used at Costco.
What Gift Cards Does Costco Accept?
Costco accepts quite several gift cards. As a shopper, you can use gift cards to shop for different items of your choice.
You must, however, check with your local Costco store to be sure. The following are some of the gift cards that Costco accepts:
- Costco Shop Cards: Costco shop cards also known as Costco gift cards and are accepted at Costco. Costco members can shop for any item of their choice using a Costco shop card. It is easy, safe, and secure to use.
- Amazon: Costco also accepts Amazon gift cards as payment options in their stores. Customers should have no fear of whether their Amazon gift cards will be accepted at Costco or not. Amazon gift cards can be used at Costco easily.
- Visa gift cards: Visa gift cards are also accepted at Costco. Visa gift cards are even the most widely used and accepted gift cards at Costco. However, terms and conditions may apply as Visa cards usually have activation fees.
- AMC gift cards; This can also be used for purchases at Costco. They are predominantly used for the purchase of movie tickets and concessions. However, note that they are not redeemable for cash or other gift cards.
- Starbucks: Costco also accepts Starbucks gift cards. There are however terms and conditions that you must acquaint yourself with as a shopper if you must shop at Costco with Starbucks gift cards.
While the gift cards listed above are accepted at Costco, policies may differ from local store to store. Hence, it is important to find out your preference at your local Costco store.
How to use Visa gift card on Costco online
Using a Visa gift card on Costco online is very easy; the same way you make purchases online. Here is a guide to help you:
- Go to Costco.com.
- Pick the items you want to purchase and add them to your cart.
- Follow the checkout process.
- Pick Visa as your payment option.
- Input the requested card details and click ‘Apply’.
- Select ‘Place Order’ to complete your transaction.
While it is easy to use a Visa gift card on Costco online, you must also be prepared in case your Visa gift card cannot cover your purchase.
Can I use a Visa gift card at Costco online?
Yes, you can use a Visa gift card at Costco online. Generally, Visa gift cards are accepted at Costco and its online store is not an exception. However, you must ensure that you have sufficient funds on your card.
Can I use a Visa gift card at Costco Gas?
Yes, you can use a Visa gift card at Costco Gas. Customers can use Visa gift cards to make purchases of different items at Costco and gas is not an exception.
Can I use multiple gift cards at Costco?
Yes, you can use multiple gift cards at Costco. Costco accepts many gift cards and any of the gift cards can be used either in-store or online.
Overall, Costco accepts Visa gift cards. Additionally, it also accepts other gift cards such as Amazon, Costco shop cards, Starbucks, and AMC.
You can use Visa gift cards both online and in-store. You can also use Visa gift cards at Costco gas stations.
However, you must bear in mind that there are terms and conditions that you must get yourself acquainted with. Do well to find out the preference of your local Costco store.